Friday, August 6, 2010

So what day is it anyway?

I realize that the dates on the blog post don't always align with what day it is here. I should be clearer. Right now it is Saturday afternoon. It is a quiet day. No class. I've graded the work students and just went to try to find them to give them their feedback. Either they're gone or sleeping, and I chose not to disturb them if they were sleeping. So I'll try again later.


The countryside is beautiful! This is the dry season, but it is drier than usual.

I met a family that lives where there are no reasonable roads to get there. So they fly in and out. They are there for about 12 weeks at a time and then fly out for 2 weeks. And they love it! The only electricity they have is from a generator 3 hours a day, but that charges up batteries for things like computers so the kids can do their homeschooling. And all of their appliances are run by LP gas. Quite an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment