Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sleeping in my own bed again...

Well, this trip has officially come to a close. Last night I was able to sleep in my own bed again ... good to be home! The travel actually went very easily. The connections went without a problem, all luggage arrived, and I didn't get overly stir crazy on the 14 hour flight from Sydney to LA. (Having an AC power outlet at my seat was great!)

On the trip home, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to describe my experiences. I look forward to sharing a report and showing pictures for you who are close by, and I'm exploring ways to share some things with you who are further away. I look forward to thanking you personally, but I'll also thank you here for your prayer and encouragement and financial help. What a privilege this trip was!

And now to grade papers as they slowly come in! (They have reading reports due now, and then a project due in November.)

So just one thought now: Going on an adventure like this heightens my expectation that I need to live by faith, looking at each day as a day when God will be at work in the world around me. I realize that I have to choose to do that now that I'm home, rather than just figuring that I can handle 'normal life' on my own. God is at work, shaping us and using us. I pray that He will help me be actively aware of that work each day, walking in hope and obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment